Monday, March 12, 2012

I'm drunk and have had NHL Network on all night - 3/12/12

Here's how this series will go:

  • I've had NHL Network on for at least 3 hours half watching highlights while I watch episodes of archer or waste my time on useless message boards.  So yeah, I don't know a lot about the game other than goal and fight highlights.
  • I'll let you know about all of the matchups tonight and analyze them, including the other stupid segments they have on NHL Tonight/NHL Live.  Yes, it'll probably be pretty biased.
  • I'll let you know how much I hate Jamie McLennan and I'll make fun of the things that come out of his mouth
Alright, enough rules.  Good thing my first time only has 4 games, otherwise this would get ugly.

3/12/2012

MTL 2 at BUF 3
A team that's tanking vs a team that should be tanking.  Alright, I just looked at the standings and Buffalo actually is only 2 points behind 8th place Washington.  So maybe they shouldn't be tanking.  Roy shouldn't be playing as many minutes as he is right now, he isn't that good.  Neither is Brad Boyes.  But, if they make the playoffs instead of Washington or Toronto then you won't hear me complaining.  I hope Montreal gets a coach next year that doesn't speak English or French.  Only Mandarin or something stupid, just to see how Montreal reacts.  Why have I typed this much about such a bad matchup?

NSH 5 at PHX 4
I really really want to see a NSH vs STL playoff matchup.  So Nashville better start losing for it to happen in the first round, but I would put some money on it happening in the WCF.

ANA 2 at COL 3
Poor Ducks, they were on track to do what the Devils couldn't last year.  Too bad soon to be Calder winner Landeskog is really good.  I guess Colorado really wants Washington to look like fools with their first rounder.  Perry was out, no clue if it was serious, but I somehow remember it had to with his shoulder.  Hopefully he's back soon.

SJ 3 at EDM 2
All I remember is that San Jose broke a 4 or 5 game losing streak.  Good for them, going 1-4 every 5 games will definitely solidify a playoff spot.  One of these days Edmonton may have a slight chance at the playoffs, right?

On a related note, I'm curious what the rate is of the top 4 draft picks making it to the playoffs in the next year (if they make the team, obviously).  Maybe someone else can jump in here, but this year we have RNH who isn't making it, Landeskog where they're on the bubble, Huberdeau who I don't think played, and Larsson who is probably making it. 

Alright, that's enough for tonight.  Keep in mind, this series recurrence will be completely random, since I don't plan this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment